AG Packaging 2.3 Beta

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 29 09:55:29 CDT 2004

> A couple of weeks ago, Ivan posted building from CVS instructions:
>
> http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/cv
> s-instructions.html
>
> http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/cv
> s-linux-example.html
>
> The package perquisite differences between the above and
> "AG-Linux-Build-HOWTO.rtf " found in:
>   http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/AccessGrid/doc/
> include:
>
>   fpconst-0.7.0 instead of fpconst-0.6.0
>   SOAPpy (and wstools) CVS snapshot instead of SOAPpy-0.11.4
>
> So I'm wondering what the recommended versions for fpconst
> and SOAPpy would be for the 2.3 Beta?
>
> I've been modifying packaging/BuildPythonModules.py to use
> fpconst-0.7.0 and CVS SOAPpy in the last few CVS snaphots.

Hey Doug,

The versions of fpconst shouldn't matter, if you check the changelog/readme,
the only difference was:

The primary purpose of this release is to correct problems on big-endian 64
bit platforms. It also introduces some test code to verify that the
functions and constants work properly.

SOAPpy has had patches applied to it that help out the AG software, but no
new release has been cut. Greg and I should get to that but we probably
won't before the 2.3 beta. I'll try to get one kicked out before we go final
so we can have a version number for each of these that are official
pre-requisites.

--ivan