"new" requirement

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 22 08:01:50 CDT 2003

Well, yes, the datastoreclient does most of what is needed, in fact that
is what I am using, but in a private cvs copy I have. It does a fine job
so far. But on the mud yesterday you were arguing that this requirement
had not been addressed, was difficult, unreasonable, etc, so I figured I
had better email it in as you suggested.

 The problem is one we have all discussed many times:  we have a file or
files in the venue that we do not want to download in their entirety or
are too large to download in their entirety. So we need an interface to
allow us to read the file in part, or in whole, from the venue. I also
have the case where I am building files that are very large and would
like to deliver them directly to the venue instead of creating them
locally and then transferring them.

Terry