"new" requirement

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 22 06:52:38 CDT 2003

It's not clear to me the details of this requirement. It'd be really helpful
if you could elaborate with use cases (even simple ones). If this is the
complete requirement I believe it's already been fulfilled by the DataStore
Client API Bob checked in and documented with the attached PDF.

It's described this way, in mail to ag-dev (which I notice you are
subscribed to):

Within DataStoreClient is a ftp-ish command line client interface to the
datastore. While useful on its own, it provides a set of examples of the
interface to the datastore. To try it out, just run DataStoreClient.py at
the command line
Notably, this module introduces methods that reutrn filehandles for reading
from and writing to the venue datastore. The current implementation does
this by simply downloading before read, and uploading after write. However,
they should simplify the use of a venue datastore when those are the
natural operations (for instance, with them one could pickle directly to
and from venue datafiles).
Is that sufficient or are you asking for something more?  If you're asking
for something more, you'll have to provide more detailed requirements.
Otherwise, we'll consider this requirement fulfilled..
Cheers,
--Ivan