[petsc-users] Coupling HYPRE with PETSc for local grid refinement

Alan zhenglun.wei at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 11:59:20 CDT 2012

Dear Dr. Brown,
     I was trying to use PETSc to mimic something like Chombo. The
figure in this website represents my thought very well.
(https://commons.lbl.gov/display/chombo/Chombo+-+Software+for+Adaptive+Solutions+of+Partial+Differential+Equations).
My code simulates a flow over a objective, i.e. 2D cylinder. Finer
resolution is needed near the objective. I can manually define where the
finer resolution is needed.
     BTW, I wonder if there is any examples for the Vec/Mat interface.
Also, is there any examples for PETSc for GPU.

thanks,
Alan