sieve-dev wrong sign of vorticity

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:43:56 CST 2008

Hi,

I am having a small problem with my CFD code: the vorticity I computed from
the code using sieve data structure has the wrong sign. I am wondering
whether this is something to be expected or  some error made by myself.
Basically, I suspect that the elements may be ordered in a left handed
manner instead of the common right handed. I noticed this by getting a
detJ=-1 for a standard tetrahedral element. I also noticed in the
computeGeometry() code there is a added "-1" to the inverse Jacobian matrix
to make the first element normal direction pointing outwards. If this is the
case, then I am happy to live with the left handed system by simply flipping
the signs of the vorticity. Please advice. Thanks a lot.

--
Sincerely,
Shi Jin, Ph.D.