sieve-dev building petsc-dev on IBM AIX

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:04:21 CST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to port my recently developed CFD code to a IBM machine running
AIX but I am having some trouble building petsc-dev although I was able to
build regular petsc on the same system. I guess it has to do with C++ and
SIEVE.  The error message I got was:
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
TESTING: alternateConfigureLibrary from PETSc.packages.blopex
(config/PETSc/package*********************************************************************************
         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for
details):
Sieve requires boost, and configure could not locate it. Suggest using
--download-boost=1

The way I used to configure is:
PETSC_DIR=`pwd`  config/configure.py   --with-fortran=0
--with-clanguage=C++  --with-sieve=1 --download-boost=1

I have attached the configure.log file for your review. I noticed it says
something about empty header file docsonly/include/petscfix.h, which I do
find to be empty even on my Linux clusters. But the Linux systems have a
different non-empty copy at linux-gnu-cxx-opt/include after the successful
build.

Please help. Thank you very much.

Shi
--