[petsc-users] Something went wrong with PETSc after installing ParaView

K. Wu wuktsinghua at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 02:21:43 CDT 2023

Hi all,

Good day!

After installing ParaView on my desktop, PETSc starts to work anomalously
even after reconfiguration:
1. If I use mpirun (frequently used before), it seems that now all the
processors will run the program independently without communication. While
mpiexec seems to work properly.
2. The Makefile (as attached) which works fine before starts to complain:
make: *** No rule to make target 'chkopts', needed by 'test'.  Stop.

Thanks for your kind help!

Best regards,
Kai

PETSC_DIR=~/petsc
PETSC_ARCH=arch-linux-c-debug
CFLAGS = -I.
FFLAGS=
CPPFLAGS=-I.
FPPFLAGS=
LOCDIR=
EXAMPLESC=
EXAMPLESF=
MANSEC=
CLEANFILES=
NP=

include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc/conf/variables
include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc/conf/rules
include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc/conf/test

test: ex2-2.o chkopts
rm -rf topopt
-${CLINKER} -o test ex2-2.o ${PETSC_SYS_LIB}
${RM} ex2-2.o
rm -rf *.o