[petsc-users] DMPlex distribution with FVM adjacency

Lawrence Mitchell lawrence.mitchell at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 25 13:10:59 CDT 2017

> On 25 May 2017, at 18:05, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you want that, is there a reason you cannot use the FEM style FALSE+TRUE?
> If you already want the closure, usually the star is not really adding anything new.

Ok, let me clarify.

Given shared facets, I'd like closure(support(facet)) this is a subset of the fem adjacency. "Add in the cell and its closure from the remote rank". This doesn't include remote cells I can only see through vertices. Without sending data evaluated at facet quad points, I think this is the adjacency I need to compute facet integrals: all the dofs in closure(support(facet)).

I thought this was what the fv adjacency was, but I think I was mistaken. That is support(cone(p)) for all p that I have.
Now I do a rendezvous to gather everything in the closure of these new points. But I think that means I still don't have some cells?

Make sense?

Lawrence