[petsc-users] Saving vector with hdf5 viewer

Alejandro D Otero aotero at fi.uba.ar
Fri Mar 4 08:25:03 CST 2016

Hello, I am trying to save some field stored in a vector which has values
associated with vertexes, edges and cells in a DMPlex.
This vector was created (using petsc4py) from a petcs section, setting this
as default section and then creating the vector from the DMPlex.
The thing is that when I save that vector using the hdf5 viewer I found 2
entities inside it. One corresponding to the values for all DoF in the
DMPlex (under the group fields), and another with values only for nodes
(under the group: vertex_fields).
That meaning a useless duplication of data, is it possible to set the
viewer only to store one of those groups? Preferably the complete one, but
in the future only the vertex one could be usefull.
Thanks in advance,

Alejandro