[petsc-users] Regarding ksp ex42 - Citations

Lawrence Mitchell lawrence.mitchell at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 06:09:21 CDT 2016

> On 21 Jul 2016, at 10:55, domenico lahaye <domenico_lahaye at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Apologies for being not sufficient clear in my previous message.
>
> I would like to be able to Galerkin coarsen A^h to obtain A^H
> and to separately Galerkin coarsen M^h to obtain M^H.
>
> So, yes, the way in which I currently (partially) understand your
> description of the new DMCreateMatrices would do the job.

If you want to separately coarsen A and M via Galerkin, I think it will be easier to just change the code in PCSetUp_MG to handle the case where A and M are different on the coarse levels.  Effectively you just need to replicate the code that computes the coarse grid "B" matrix to separately compute coarse grid A and B matrices and pass them in to KSPSetOperators.

Cheers,

Lawrence