[petsc-users] Diagonalization of a 3D dense matrix

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 13:22:09 CDT 2016

Matthew,

I am probably not using the right language but I meant that each element
has three indices associated with it: x, y, z.

Here is a snapshot:

1 10 55    5.7113635929515209e-03
 1 10 56    4.2977490038287334e-03
 1 10 57    2.8719519782193204e-03
 1 10 58    1.4380140927001712e-03
 1 10 59    9.9299930690365083e-17
 1 11  0    0.0000000000000000e+00
 1 11  1    1.5658614070601917e-03
 1 11  2    3.1272842098367562e-03
 1 11  3    4.6798423857521204e-03

Where the first three columns are the coordinates and the last one is value.

Could you clarify the meaning of "diagonalization is not a clear concept"
if it is applicable to this case.

Thank you,
--
Ketan