[petsc-users] PETSC error: Caught signal number 8 FPE

Soumya Mukherjee soumyamechanics at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 07:59:17 CST 2015

It is a PETSc error. And I just wanted to know if runs without an error in
your machine.

On Nov 30, 2015 4:34 AM, "Jose E. Roman" <jroman at dsic.upv.es> wrote:

> I am not going to run your code. We are not a free debugging service. You
have to debug the code yourself, and let us know only if the issue is
related to the SLEPc library. Start adding error checking code with the
CHKERRQ macro to all PETSc/SLEPc calls. This will catch most errors. It no
errors are detected, then run with a debugger such as gdb or valgrind to
determine the exact point where the program fails.