[petsc-users] PETSc/TAU configuration

Matthew Hills hillsmattc at outlook.com
Tue Sep 16 07:41:48 CDT 2014

Hi PETSc Team,
I am experiencing difficulties with configuring PETSc with TAU. I have replaced the standard compilers with the tau_cc.sh, tau_cxx.sh, and tau_f90.sh scripts but this produces multiple errors. I have also attempted to use OpenMPI and MPICH, but both produce their own unique errors.
After successfully compiling PDT, TAU was compiled with:

./configure
-prefix=`pwd`
-cc=gcc
-c++=g++ -fortran=gfortran
-pdt=${SESKADIR}/packages/pdt
-mpiinc=${PETSC_DIR}/${PETSC_ARCH}/include
-mpilib=${PETSC_DIR}/${PETSC_ARCH}/lib -bfd=download

Attached you'll find the PETSc configuration logs. If any more information is needed please let me know.

Warm regards,

Matthew HillsUniversity of Cape Town