[petsc-users] suggestion for PCFieldSplitGetSubKSP

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Thu Sep 4 09:59:30 CDT 2014

I'm using PCFieldSplitGetSubKSP to access and modify the various
KSP's that occur in a Schur preconditioner. Now,
PCFieldSplitGetSubKSP returns two KSP's: one corresponding to A00
and one corresponding to the Schur complement.

However, in the LDU factorization, ksp(A00) occurs 4 times: in
the upper block, in the diagonal block, in the Schur complement
of the diagonal block and in the lower block.

So far, I'm using the runtime option -fieldsplit_1_inner to
access the ksp(A00) in the Schur complement, but it would make
sence if PCFieldSplitGetSubKSP returns all 5 KSP's involved. Or
is there another subroutine that I could call?

Chris

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij
CFD Researcher
Research & Development
E mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl
T +31 317 49 33 44

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F +31 317 49 32 45, I www.marin.nl