[petsc-users] make all freezes

Analabha Roy hariseldon99 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 10:50:02 CDT 2013

Strangely enough, make all is now freezing in my desktop. Running "make
chk_upgrade" also hangs. Running "chk_makej" ok no problem.

This is the configure.log from my
desktop<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2769707/configure.log.desktop>

Does "make chk_upgrade" run "${PETSC_DIR}/bin/petscnagupgrade.py" ?
 That's what ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/rules says, and this file is transcluded in
the root makefile

Running "petscnagupgrade.py" in the bin dir from shell also hangs with no
output.

I removed "chk_upgrade" from the root makefile and the compile worked!

I reinserted chk_upgrade and commented out the nag upgrade file in
conf/rules and "make all " worked. I commented out all instances of
"chk_upgrade" from /conf/rules and all compiles work.

Maybe a network problem???

--
---
*Analabha Roy*