[petsc-users] make all freezes

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 22 12:06:26 CDT 2013

   Thanks for figuring this out.  Normally if there is no network available then the code below should just return quickly after trying to connect

    import urllib
    fd = urllib.urlopen("http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/include/petscversion.h")
    pv = fd.read()
    fd.close()

but for some reason it is hanging for you.  Could you try those lines in python and see if it hangs?

Then you could try

    import requests
    pv = requests.get("http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/include/petscversion.h")

 Does that hang?