[petsc-users] ISGetIndicesF90

George Pau gpau at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 13 23:33:39 CDT 2013

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I used the above subroutine:

Fortran runtime error: Pointer actual argument 'idx_ptr' is not associated

The following is how the subroutine is called:

IS :: is_global
PetscScalar, pointer :: idx_ptr(:)
PetscErrorCode :: pierr
call ISGetIndicesF90(is_global,idx_ptr,pierr)

I read on the command reference page that it doesn't work with some fortran
compiler.  I have gfortran 4.6.3 on Ubuntu machine.  Could my fortran be
the problem? I have tested ISGetIndices and it works. I really want to use
ISGetIndicesF90 instead of ISGetIndices since I cannot do bound check with
the later.

Thanks,
George