[petsc-users] Seg fault when using DMDATSSetIFunctionLocal with DMComposite

Mani Chandra mc0710 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 22:27:51 CST 2013

Hi,

Can the function DMDATSSetIFunctionLocal be used with a global DM which has
been constructed from many DMs' combined into a DMComposite? I put a single
DM for each one of the variables that I wanted to solve for and combined
them in a single one with DMComposite, but the timestepping seg faults with
the following error

0x00007ffff69d3786 in VecScatterBegin_SGToSG (ctx=0x924400, x=0x90b640,
y=0x920340, addv=INSERT_VALUES, mode=SCATTER_FORWARD) at
/home/mc/Downloads/petsc/src/vec/vec/utils/vscat.c:370
370         for (i=0; i<n; i++) yv[tslots[i]]  = xv[fslots[i]];

Would the only way to use a DMComposite with TS be using TSSetIFunction and
then scatters the DMComposite to individual DMs' inside the function?

Thanks,
Mani