[petsc-users] Fastest solver option after factorization

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 27 10:56:33 CDT 2012

Umut :
We rewrote petsc 'Forward backward solver' in Petsc-3.1 base on
@article{sz2010,
      author  = "B. Smith and H. Zhang",
      title   = "Sparse Triangular Solves for {ILU} Revisited: Data Layout
Crucial to Better Performance",
      journal = "International Journal of High Performance Computing
Applications",
      volume = 25,
      number = 4,
      pages = "386--391",
      year    = 2011
}
(note: this is for LU factorization, not symmetric Cholesky factorization).

We've never done comparison with other triangular solves.
It would be interesting to know.

Hong

Dear all,