[petsc-users] When pull the petsc-dev for update:Connection timed out

Zhenglun (Alan) Wei zhenglun.wei at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 18:25:30 CST 2012

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Zhenglun (Alan) Wei
> <zhenglun.wei at gmail.com <mailto:zhenglun.wei at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Sean,
>          Thank you so much for your help. Here I have another question.
>          After updating the PETSc, I tried to 'make ex45' in
>     /src/ksp/ksp/example/tutorial/. It says that 'petscksp.h' can not
>     be found; therefore, I commented this library in ex45.c to see
>     what will happen. It, then, shows that the 'petscdmmg.h' can not
>     be found. Any idea on this? :)
>

> Since DMMG is gone, baby gone, this means your environment (PETSC_DIR)
> is still pointing to an old version of PETSc.
      Since my PETSc was updated, the PETSC_DIR of the new version of
the PETSc should be the same as the old version of the PETSc, isn't it?
      BTW, it works after I re-configure and make the PETSc. However, I
found that it as a lot of dummy things in the ex45.c, i.e.:

========

=========

      It seems that the update changes the original program of ex45.c by
adding fractions of the new code into the old code. It confused me a
lot. Is there any way that I can just replace the old code by the new code?

thanks,
Alan