[petsc-users] When pull the petsc-dev for update:Connection timed out

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 25 17:37:58 CST 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Zhenglun (Alan) Wei
<zhenglun.wei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Sean,
>    I changed the
>

> $ cd config/buildsystem
> $ hg showconfig paths.default
> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/buildsystem
>
>   It gives me 2 extra changes.

Great! Glad to know it's working.

>     Although, it always giev me the warning of 'certificate not verified',
> it updated lots of files. Should I just ignore this warning?

You could ignore those warnings, yes, but it would probably be better
to upgrade your mercurial and see if the host fingerprint option
works. Or you could try to use the ssh protocol, assuming your
university proxy allows ssh out.

>   BTW, the reason I used 'https' instead of 'http' is that 'https' is shown
> in the website you gave to me. :) It may needs to be changed.

Well, as I said previously, bitbucket redirects all http traffic to
https, so I don't think changing it to just http would really work.