[petsc-users] Software for load balancing to improve parallel performance to be used with PETSc

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:18:43 CST 2012

Hi Barry and Jed,

So the 1st step should be checking the load balancing. If it's more or
less balanced, will slicing it in 3 directions further improve the speed?

Another thing is that I hope to do some form of adaptive mesh refinement.

I'm a bit confused. Are partitioning software like ParMETIS, Zoltan or
Isorropia also used for adaptive mesh refinement?

Or which open source software can do that with PETSc and in Fortran? I
searched and got libMesh, for use with PETSc and paramesh, which is in
Fortran.

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng