Multiple communicators

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:28:54 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 7:13 PM, <irfan.khan at gatech.edu> wrote:

> I use seperete communicators for fluid and solid ranks in a fluid-structure
> interaction code. I use PETSc tools (KSP) to solve for the solid phase (FEA)
> which is carried out under a different communicator (FEA_Comm).
>
> Unless I am doing something wrong, I have found that the command line
> communicators. But for single communicator they work. Please see the
> attached files containing output of -log_summary for 2 different codes
> (scroll down to the end). One with single communicator and the other with
> two communicators. Both the output have been generated with the same PETSc
> compilation.
>
> Futher -log_summary results are not able to detect all the events that have
> been registered if they are not in the WORLD communicator.

I am not sure what you are doing, but something is wrong in this code. Using
different communicators does not
have much to do with options. Any object (like a KSP) can be created using a
subcomm of WORLD. Are you
setting PETSC_COMM_WORLD to something different? That is not necessary here.

  Matt

> Thank you
> Irfan

lead.