Multiple communicators

irfan.khan at gatech.edu irfan.khan at gatech.edu
Tue Nov 24 19:13:36 CST 2009

I use seperete communicators for fluid and solid ranks in a fluid-structure interaction code. I use PETSc tools (KSP) to solve for the solid phase (FEA) which is carried out under a different communicator (FEA_Comm).

Unless I am doing something wrong, I have found that the command line options: -ksp_type; -mat_partitioning_type, don't work if there are 2 communicators. But for single communicator they work. Please see the attached files containing output of -log_summary for 2 different codes (scroll down to the end). One with single communicator and the other with two communicators. Both the output have been generated with the same PETSc compilation.

Futher -log_summary results are not able to detect all the events that have been registered if they are not in the WORLD communicator.

Thank you
Irfan