Poor performance with BoomerAMG?

knutert at stud.ntnu.no knutert at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Feb 15 08:36:35 CST 2008

Hi Ben,

Thank you for answering. With gmres and boomeramg I get a run time of
2s, so that is much better. However, if I increase the grid size to
513x513, I get a run time of one minute. With richardson, it fails to
converge.
LU gives 6 seconds, CG and ICC gives 7s, and the DMMG solver 3s for
the 513x513 problem.

When using the DMMG framework, I just used the default solvers.
I use the Galerkin process to generate the coarse matrices for
the multigrid cycle.

Best,
Knut