symmetric matrices

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:11:13 CDT 2006

On 5/22/06, Randall Mackie <randy at geosystem.us> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks, that fixed the compilation problem, but then the program just
> seemed to
> hang at the place where it was creating/assembling the matrix.

My guess is that it is not hanging, but rather allocating all over the
place. If you give
-info, it shouldlet you know how manty mallocs were used.

Maybe I do not understand how to set bs, the block size for the call
> to MatCreateMPISBAIJ, any advice?

If you do not know the block size, just use 1 to start.

Are symmetric MPI BAIJ matrices my only choice? Is there not a symmetric
> MPIAIJ
> matrix format?

That is really block size 1.

   Matt