[petsc-dev] Latest Pull breaks the 'test' target

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed May 24 05:53:46 CDT 2023

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 9:00 PM Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

> I use it that way all the time, but I can't reproduce.
>
> $ touch src/snes/interface/snes.c
> $ make test gs=snes_tutorials-ex5_1
>          CC ompi/obj/snes/interface/snes.o
> Using MAKEFLAGS: -j8 -l12 --jobserver-auth=fifo:/tmp/GMfifo1004133 --
> gs=snes_tutorials-ex5_1
>     CLINKER ompi/lib/libpetsc.so.3.019.1
>     CLINKER ompi/tests/snes/tutorials/ex5
>        TEST ompi/tests/counts/snes_tutorials-ex5_1.counts
>  ok snes_tutorials-ex5_1
>  ok diff-snes_tutorials-ex5_1

Does not work for me. This is incredibly frustrating:

bldenton/dmplex-cadrefactor *$:/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev$ touch
src/snes/interface/snes.c
bldenton/dmplex-cadrefactor $:/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev$ make test
gs=snes_tutorials-ex5_1
/usr/bin/make --no-print-directory -f
/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev/gmakefile.test PETSC_ARCH=arch-master-debug
PETSC_DIR=/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev test
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/python3
/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev/config/gmakegentest.py
--petsc-dir=/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev --petsc-arch=arch-master-debug
--testdir=./arch-master-debug/tests
Using MAKEFLAGS: --no-print-directory -- PETSC_DIR=/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev
PETSC_ARCH=arch-master-debug gs=snes_tutorial
s-ex5_1
         CC arch-master-debug/tests/snes/tutorials/ex5.o
    CLINKER arch-master-debug/tests/snes/tutorials/ex5
       TEST arch-master-debug/tests/counts/snes_tutorials-ex5_1.counts
 ok snes_tutorials-ex5_1
 ok diff-snes_tutorials-ex5_1