[petsc-dev] Setup subsnes in nasm.c

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:50:19 CDT 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Lulu Liu <lulu.liu at kaust.edu.sa> wrote:

> I am trying to solve a nonlinear problem using NASM, and see the code in
>  petsc/src/snes/impls/nasm/nasm.c. However, I feel confused about how
> subsnes for each subdomain gets its own function, and I can not find
> anything like SNESSetFunction(subsnes,......). Could you show me which line
> subsnes gets its own function in nasm.c?

The function is coming from the DM. The subDMs get the same SNESDM
structures as the original DM, and then
SNESSetDM() is called on them.

> In addition, I would like to set up something using
> SNESNASMSetSubdomains_NASM (). Is there any example showing how to set
> subsnes, iscatter, oscatter,gscatter? Thanks!

Unfortunately there are no examples. I am not a big fan of this interface
which is only really intelligible for Cartesian grids.
I am going to try and rework it this fall.