[petsc-dev] strangness in Chebyshev estimate of eigenvalues

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 17 21:55:03 CDT 2016

  Mark,

   So it sounds like the right fix is to change the "random" option name to "noisy" and replace the use of the random number generator with Jed's hash and make it the default. (Where if you turn off the noisy it uses the right hand side which is useful for debugging the solvers) If you make a pull request we'll move it through,

   Thanks for bringing up the problem,

  Barry