[petsc-dev] Always compiling and installing Ctetgen even without updates

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 28 00:34:07 CST 2016

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016, Jed Brown wrote:

> >   Yes, but if petscconf.h is identical a super smart dependency checker would see it was unchanged.  Worth doing? Probably not.
>
> Checksum the existing petscconf.h and the provisional petscconf.h.  If
> they match, return without modifying the file.  If not, overwrite it
> (what we do now).  Then standard make dependencies will work.

Well petscconf.h is not the only thing. If it were - we could use the
existing mechanism of stashing 'make.inc' or equivalnet - for
externalpackages 'i.e stash petscconf.h+petscvariables'.  And
configure could check this conf file - and decide to rebuild or not
[ctetgen].

But tetgen depends on petsc includes - so a pull could change any of
these files [so somehow all include deps should be tracked?]

Satish