[petsc-dev] workflow diagram

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Apr 30 16:17:55 CDT 2014

Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

> On Wed, 30 Apr 2014, Jed Brown wrote:
>
>> Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
>> > Perhaps if there arrows were flipped the confusion could be reduced?
>>
>> What do you mean by "flipped"?
>
> instead of  (a) ---> (b)
>
> use:        (a) <--- (b)
>
> The arrow represend 'parent' relationship anyway

This is a perfect reflection of the data structure, but I think a lot of
people intuitively think of the flow rather than dependency
relationships.  Also, having the arrowhead at the new merge commits
connotes the ordering of events (or that's my perception).

Does anyone else think it would be better with arrows pointed the other
way?