[petsc-dev] workflow diagram

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 30 13:36:40 CDT 2014

  Should the “Testing/Users” arrow go all the way down next to the next line? Now it looks like maybe it means the testing/users is on the typical
feature branch.

  The other thing that “bothers” me is the two arrows coming from the last circle of a branch; one goes “straight” to next which is fine but the other one goes “straight” to master. I think it would be clearer if instead that second curve followed the branch line and then quickly curved up to master. I have shared a stunningly crude way of doing this (not I don’t intend to have the “bumb” in the curve I just suck at drawing it.) This still conveys the fact that the data for both next and master comes from the same circle but makes it clearer that the data is not “moved” from the final circle to master until later then it is moved to next; in fact it is not moved from the branch until it gets into master. Hopefully you can do that shape better then I.

   Barry