[petsc-dev] calling DMPlexPointLocalRef() from fortran

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 13:52:43 CDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Adrian Croucher <a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
> > wrote:
>

>> On 05/04/14 02:31, Matthew Knepley wrote:
>>

>> Instead of this, use
>>
>>    call DMPlexGetDefaultSection(cell_dm, section, ierr); (Move outside
>> of loop)
>>   call PetscSectionGetOffset(section, c, off, ierr);
>>   part(off) =rank
>>

>> OK thanks. The code compiles now.
>>
>> However, at runtime I'm getting another error, when it calls
>> DMSetPointSF():
>>
>> [0]PETSC ERROR: #1 DMSetPointSF() line 3204 in
>> /home/acro018/software/PETSc/code/src/dm/interface/dm.c
>> [1]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
>> [1]PETSC ERROR: Invalid argument
>> [1]PETSC ERROR: Wrong type of object: Parameter # 1
>> [1]PETSC ERROR: See
>> http://http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html for trouble
>> shooting.
>> [1]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Development GIT revision: v3.4.4-5306-g9849faf  GIT
>> Date: 2014-04-06 15:35:41 -0500
>>
>> This seems to work fine in C, so I'm wondering if I need to do something
>> different in fortran, or if the interface isn't quite working right. My
>> test code is below. The offending call to DMSetPointSF() is in the routine
>> create_partition_vector(). Any tips much appreciated!
>>

> 1) You do not need those calls since DMClone() now does this automatically.
>
> 2) However, it looks like DMClone() is not functioning correctly for you
> since cell_dm should be alright.
>
> I will try and run your code today.

I got your code running. There were a few code problems (fixed in my
attached version), but the
problem you are seeing above is a bug in our system for generating Fortran
wrappers. The fix
will be pushed out soon, but I am attaching dmf.c which you can put in
src/dm/interface/ftn-auto
and rebuild and things should work for you.