[petsc-dev] calling DMPlexPointLocalRef() from fortran

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:05:16 CDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Adrian Croucher
<a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz>wrote:

> On 05/04/14 02:31, Matthew Knepley wrote:
>

> Instead of this, use
>
>    call DMPlexGetDefaultSection(cell_dm, section, ierr); (Move outside of
> loop)
>   call PetscSectionGetOffset(section, c, off, ierr);
>   part(off) =rank
>

> OK thanks. The code compiles now.
>
> However, at runtime I'm getting another error, when it calls
> DMSetPointSF():
>
> [0]PETSC ERROR: #1 DMSetPointSF() line 3204 in
> /home/acro018/software/PETSc/code/src/dm/interface/dm.c
> [1]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
> [1]PETSC ERROR: Invalid argument
> [1]PETSC ERROR: Wrong type of object: Parameter # 1
> [1]PETSC ERROR: See
> http://http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html for trouble
> shooting.
> [1]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Development GIT revision: v3.4.4-5306-g9849faf  GIT
> Date: 2014-04-06 15:35:41 -0500
>
> This seems to work fine in C, so I'm wondering if I need to do something
> different in fortran, or if the interface isn't quite working right. My
> test code is below. The offending call to DMSetPointSF() is in the routine
> create_partition_vector(). Any tips much appreciated!

1) You do not need those calls since DMClone() now does this automatically.

2) However, it looks like DMClone() is not functioning correctly for you
since cell_dm should be alright.

I will try and run your code today.

It also occurred to me there might just be something wrong with my mesh, so
> I also tested it using a mesh created with DMPLexCreateBoxMesh()- but this
> gave the same error (and also indicated that the fortran interface to
> DMPlexSetRefinementLimit() is probably also missing in action!).

Fixed. Will push it today.