[petsc-dev] PTScotch 6

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 19 11:30:27 CDT 2013

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Jed Brown wrote:

> > No, we would apply the patch in 'maint' and merge the branch directly to
> > 'next'. Later, we merge the same branch into 'maint'.
>
> I don't understand this. you mean 'master' at the end? So you mean:
> - create a 'patch' branch off 'maint' and apply this patch.
> - merge this 'patch' branch to 'maint'
> - merge this 'patch' branch to 'next'
> - merge thsi 'patch' branch to 'master'
>
> or something else?

Or perhaps you mean 'you create a branch off maint - and apply this
patch and merge this branch ...'

If so - how will the patch get into master? Previously all 33 stuf
landed in dev with direct pull.  Same workflow or different here?

with new workflow all 'master' gets merged periodically to 'next' - so
same periodic merge from 'maint' to 'master'?

Satish