[petsc-dev] Internal and external symbols

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 5 12:58:54 CST 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Garnet Vaz <garnet.vaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> The latest patch causes a symbol re-definition error in:
> petsc-dev / src / ksp / pc / impls / gamg / gamg.h
> and
> petsc-dev / src / ksp / pc / impls / gamg / gamg.c
>
> for the logging events. Do you still
> need the definitions in gamg.c?

I needed to make PETSC_INTERN function as a declaration.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev/commits/6a9a17f5e4246d8acc34f070600a2e416281c345

Can we want to make all logging events internal? That would spoil the
ability to use PetscLogEventSetActiveAll(MAT_SetValues,PETSC_TRUE), but we
have PetscLogEventGetId() which should be better for users anyway.