[petsc-dev] why is there a #requirespackage 'PETSC_HAVE_PCBDDC'

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 4 18:31:41 CST 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> The makefile should be marked as not supporting complex
>
> > It was put into the repository mostly because we don't have a good
> system for supporting forks.\
>
>    I thought bitbucket now gives a system for handling forks?

Yeah, this was before we used bitbucket, but we still haven't established a
workflow conducive to supporting downstream forks.

> > It was off by default because the code was unstable and untested. There
> is an example now (src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex59.c) so I think we can
> remove the --with-pcbddc option. Stefano, does this sound right to you?
>
>    Or it could be a good test example for a PETSc plugin repository?

Yes, either way. Stefano, if you feel it is reasonably stable, can you
remove the --with-pcbddc guard and put in the necessary restrictions
(#requirespackage 'PETSC_HAVE_PARMETIS', #requiresscalar real)?