[petsc-dev] Deflated Krylov solvers for PETSc

Jie Chen jiechen at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 1 21:40:05 CST 2013

I think the number of deflation vectors should not be large. So the K_c here is a small matrix, and whether Y is dense or sparse does not make a big difference. In this regard, deflation is not exactly the same as one V-cycle. For multigrid, you coarsen a grid of size 1,000,000 to 500,000. But for deflation, you reduce 1,000,000 to 10 or 50. Make sense?

Jie