[petsc-dev] Pushing non-working code

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 3 11:24:06 CST 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Its more work for me. Clearly you are asking me to do something I do not
> currently do. A loss.

How is _not typing 'hg merge' or 'hg pull'_ harder than typing it? Do your
work in a bookmark and merge it when it's ready for review. It's not a hard
concept.

>>  There are no "gains" from a baseline. This is
>>> a point I have made multiple times. Changes must be justified.
>>>

>> I provided a long list of justifications that you have not responded to.
>> There is a great deal of empirical evidence to back my claims.
>>

> I have responded to each and every point carefully. You need to listen.

You have not said anything about reviewability, actual bug rates,
extensibility, ability to recognize distinct features in the history, or
realized and perceived stability and lack of spurious warnings when users
pull petsc-dev.