[petsc-dev] migrating repos from petsc.cs.iit.edu to bitbucket.org

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 18 21:43:37 CST 2012

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012, Barry Smith wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2012, at 10:52 AM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> > \
> >
> > [I don't think its appropriate to make this change for a petsc-3.3 patch update.]
> >
> > Okay, what if we start using subrepos with petsc-dev -> buildsystem and let petsc-release continue to depend on a buildsystem-release without use of subrepo?
>
>    I would not try to force the build system subrepo into petsc-release.   In fact I would advocate keeping all the old petsc-release-xxx and ONLY doing the petsc-release with bookmarks (or whatever they care called) going forward from the next release, so petsc-release would only contain petsc-3.4 and later explicitly it would not have bookmarks (or whatever they are called) for petsc-3.3  petsc-3.2 …..
>
>   We are changing to a new model but the old stuff stays under the old model. (Hence petsc-release won't even exist until the next release.)

ok. removed petsc-release,buildsystem-release.

And migrated:
buildsystem-2.3.1
buildsystem-2.3.2
buildsystem-2.3.3
buildsystem-3.0.0
buildsystem-3.1
buildsystem-3.2
buildsystem-3.3
petsc-2.3.1
petsc-2.3.2
petsc-2.3.3
petsc-3.0.0
petsc-3.1
petsc-3.2
petsc-3.3

And the following repos aswell:
win32fe
cll
ams
ctetgen

[apart from externalpackages, tutorials] the follwing repos exist in
the backups. Do any of them need to go into bitbucket.org/petsc?

Allen-Cahn-2D
BuildSystem-txcorp
Cahn-Hillard-1D
Cahn-Hillard-2D
composing-nonlinear-solvers
crap-test
cudaFMM
dft
dft-fft
dft-log
dft-mg
dft-rfd
documentation
FMM
FMM-dev
lwang-dev
multiphysics
petsc-dev-new
petsc-dev-pthread
petsc-dev-tmp
petsc-dev-txcorp
petsc-gpu
petscpathlib
petsc-subtest
powerlaw
pthread-paper
reacting_flow
simpleConfigure
petsc-dev-ts

There are also repos in externalpackages and tutorials that need migrating.

externalpackages/blacs-dev
externalpackages/Chaco-2.2
externalpackages/ctetgen
externalpackages/f2cblaslapack-3.1.1