[petsc-dev] migrating repos from petsc.cs.iit.edu to bitbucket.org

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Nov 17 12:35:59 CST 2012

On Nov 17, 2012, at 10:52 AM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> \
>
> [I don't think its appropriate to make this change for a petsc-3.3 patch update.]
>
> Okay, what if we start using subrepos with petsc-dev -> buildsystem and let petsc-release continue to depend on a buildsystem-release without use of subrepo?

   I would not try to force the build system subrepo into petsc-release.   In fact I would advocate keeping all the old petsc-release-xxx and ONLY doing the petsc-release with bookmarks (or whatever they care called) going forward from the next release, so petsc-release would only contain petsc-3.4 and later explicitly it would not have bookmarks (or whatever they are called) for petsc-3.3  petsc-3.2 …..

  We are changing to a new model but the old stuff stays under the old model. (Hence petsc-release won't even exist until the next release.)