[petsc-dev] passing a function pointer?

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu May 3 21:42:16 CDT 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Cinstance <cinstance at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using PETSC as the linear solver for a CFD project. It is part of an
> integrated frame work, and the project is developed under MS Windows.
>
> I use PETSC as prebuild libs in Visual Studio, so I cannot debug into
> PETSC code (at least for now I haven't figured out how to). What make it
> worse is that the framework ignored all the PetscPrintf messages. This
> leaves me in total darkness.
>
> The framework has its own printf derived method. Is there a way to pass it
> as a function pointer to petsc for it to use for printing stuff. Does it
> have a way to pass on this?

You really do not want to do this. PetscPrintf() is just a think wrapper
around printf().

However, after years of development. This is the huge, waving red flag
where you change
development practice since it is sapping 90% of your useful energy. If the
company does
not realize that, quit. They are not world-beaters.

    Matt