[petsc-dev] Patches like this make me want to cry

Paul Mullowney paulm at txcorp.com
Thu Jun 28 17:41:42 CDT 2012

I moved all CUSPARSE functions into seqcusparse/aijcusparse.cu (and a
similar mpi version). I was asked to do this some months ago. I did my
best. I think it is significantly improved from before.

I was also asked by multiple people to attempt to get Complex GPU
capabilities working. I succeeded by making changes to petscmath.h. As
Jed pointed out, some of the changes may have not been C99 compliant.

There is one commented out function in aijcusparse.cu. That can easily
be fixed.

Many of the other changes (especially to .cu) files were made to protect
against builds breaking because many of the CUSP preconditioners do not
support complex arithmetic.

I have asked for input from multiple people on several occasions and not
gotten responses.

What am I to do if I ask for input/feedback and don't get it?????

-Paul