[petsc-dev] Fwd: [petsc-maint #119133] petsc-dev configure crash

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 6 23:17:53 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>  Am I missing understanding something. Any option in hg to get hg commands
> inside the subrepo behave like ones on the outside?

Can you make MatView_SeqAIJ look up the stack and figure out that it's a
parallel matrix and print itself appropriately? While you're at it, maybe
you can also print information about the DM and the SNES that it came from.
;-)

BuildSystem is still its own repository that you can interact with without
informing petsc. Think of committing from inside BuildSystem meaning that
you explicitly don't want to sync with petsc-dev yet. Committing from the
parent directory indicates that you do want to sync.

I think this will be a rare problem and it's easy enough for the next
person to fix. Certainly no worse than the current system, and the subrepo
model has a bunch of other advantages.