[petsc-dev] boomerAmg scalability

Mark F. Adams mark.adams at columbia.edu
Thu Jan 5 22:04:30 CST 2012

This problem has 11088 equations and the two processor run has 2 equations partitioned to process 0 and 11086 to process 1.  So I think you are hitting a corner case in the code when it reduces the number of active processors.  I will need to debug this.

I might be able to reason this out with your data.  I'm on travel through next week so I'm not sure when I wlll be able to take a look at this.  I might ask for a binary matrix file for this two processor run.  So if this is easy for you to do, then maybe you could just do this.  In the mean time I will try to think about what is going wrong here.

This code should work now if you give it a more normal partitioning, but there is a bug here and I want to fix it.

Mark