[petsc-dev] please make myself and Satish admin on bitbucket.org/petsc

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 10 19:15:32 CST 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012, Sean Farley wrote:

> > The point is that that permission is on a repository by repository bases,
> > so every time Sean (who is the only one who can do it) adds a repository he
> > has to remember to set the permissions for all of us.
>

> Not true. You can log in and create a repository now. This is the same as
> how petsc.cs.iit.edu works except that you can log in using an SSH key
> under the 'petsc' username. So, store the password in your keychain ==
> asking Satish to add your ssh key to /home/petsc/.ssh/authorized_keys.

Barry is refering to repository creation - and you are refering to
project creation. Not the same..

With petsc.cs.iit.edu - yes I have to create a project manually and
assemble the group and admin/s . But with bitbucket - you can create
your own account [ala project] and assemble your own group - aswell as
set admins.

After this creation - on petsc.cs.iit.edu any user in the group can
create repos without my intervention.

hg clone foobar ssh://petsc@petsc.cs.iit.edu//hg/petsc/foobar

With bitbucket - only owner can create the new repo [not any member of
a default group]. Don't know about admins..

wrt delete - petsc.cs.iit.edu admin for project petsc can ssh over and
delete repos [via shell access]. Looks like with bitbucket - only owner
can do the deletion of repo [not even admins]

Satish