[petsc-dev] please make myself and Satish admin on bitbucket.org/petsc

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 10 19:08:16 CST 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 6:59 PM, Sean Farley wrote:

> The point is that that permission is on a repository by repository bases, so every time Sean (who is the only one who can do it) adds a repository he has to remember to set the permissions for all of us.
>
> Not true. You can log in and create a repository now.

   No I can't, I tried to log in with my openid and password. It didn't put me in the petsc account it wanted me to create yet another account.

> This is the same as how petsc.cs.iit.edu works except that you can log in using an SSH key under the 'petsc' username. So, store the password in your keychain == asking Satish to add your ssh key to /home/petsc/.ssh/authorized_keys.
>
> The only issue I see currently is the vanity of having the tutorials and externalpackages repos listed.

   It is not a vanity. It is a question of having one consistent organized place to keep our repositories and making it easy (for any of us) to add new repositories.

   So I still have the problem that it is not easy (even possible) for me to create a new repository. (Assuming I have already given up on the hope of having a decent organization of the repositories).

   Barry