[petsc-dev] please make myself and Satish admin on bitbucket.org/petsc

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 10 18:59:44 CST 2012

> The point is that that permission is on a repository by repository bases,
> so every time Sean (who is the only one who can do it) adds a repository he
> has to remember to set the permissions for all of us.

Not true. You can log in and create a repository now. This is the same as
how petsc.cs.iit.edu works except that you can log in using an SSH key
under the 'petsc' username. So, store the password in your keychain ==
asking Satish to add your ssh key to /home/petsc/.ssh/authorized_keys.

The only issue I see currently is the vanity of having the tutorials and
externalpackages repos listed. As I mentioned before, petsc.cs shouldn't be
hosted that long list of stale repos. A solution that would work now is to
use schemes and local folders. None of the bitbucket quirks would effect
workflow, only how the webpage looks.