[petsc-dev] write access to petsc-dev bitbucket repo

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 10 11:28:57 CST 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Matthew Knepley wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> > sorry about the conflicting messages. We haven't yet completely
> > switched to bitbucket. So please continue to push to iit repo.
> >
> > We have not decided that yet.
>
>   We never decided to switch to bitbucket but suddenly we haven't decided to use petsc.cs.iit.edu?
>
> I remember you telling Sean to put up the BB site, which happened before iit was back up.

   Yes, I reminded him that since all hg repositories are equivalent that he could set up a petsc-dev that we could use since petsc.cs.itt.edu was down. No one decided at that instant it was to become the permanent one. If you remember we did this once or twice before in the past couple of years when petsc.cs.itt.edu was down.

   BTW: I have found no records of bitbucket uptimes on their site or elsewhere so what evidence do you have to make your claim that it is more reliable (reliable meaning minutes per year where one can pull or push)?

   Barry