[petsc-dev] MatMatMult gives different results

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 9 21:00:14 CST 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 20:48, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Setting+Up+the+Bitbucket+POST+Service
>
> unless I'm mistaken - it looks like https - not ssh.

This is push notification of the commit. Your machine responds to this
notification by issuing a pull. This is the most reasonable thing because
it's rare that someone wants to give out remote access.

> I guess the alternative - is to push to your personal bitbucket clone
> - and ask someone else to pull/sync to the master. [Isn't this one of
> the things you and Sean were advocating as advantages of bitbucket? If
> so - I think it should be equally useful for syncing with petsc-dev -
> when hosted at petsc.cs.iit.edu]

Sure, pushing to our own bitbucket repo and issuing a "pull request" is a
fine model, but it's not what we have been working with (and it makes
merges someone else's responsibility, to some extent). It's all workable,
but I'm not seeing a clear advantage to keeping the primary at
petsc.cs.iit.edu, (provided Sean volunteers to set up mirroring in that
direction).